Gymnasium Code of Conduct
- Each time you use the gym please write your name and the date in the Gymnasium Sign In/Sign Out Sheet. The Gymnasium Sign In/Sign Out sheet is located inside the entrance to the gym near the entrance.
- Remove all sand from body/belongings before entering the gym.
- No smoking, food or drink (other than water/sports drinks in appropriate bottles) is permitted in the gym.
- No member may use the gym whilst under the influence or possession of alcohol, recreational or illicit drugs.
- Do not remove equipment from the gym without the approval of your coach.
- Behave appropriately at all times and respect other users of the gym.
- Always use a separate towel for hygiene purposes and WIPE EQUIPMENT AFTER USE.
- If you are on your own, or the last person in the gym, switch off all electrical equipment on leaving and check all windows and doors are closed and locked.
- Lifters must use collars on every set and must not drop weights on floor.
- Lifters must use spotters on all moderate to heavy sets.
- Move weights from the racks to the bar ONLY. Do not leave weights on the floor.
- Return all equipment to its allocated position.
- Gym users must wear appropriate sportswear at all times.
- Athletic shoes must be worn with laces tied at all times unless on the ergos.
- Prescription glasses are permissible. NO sun-glasses permitted UNLESS suitable medical evidence supporting wearing them is provided.
- Any jewellery that may possibly injure a user, including rings and necklaces, is not permitted. Small earring and items that cannot inhibit or injure a user are permitted.
- Any injury occurring whilst using the gym must be recorded in the incident book located in the first aid room.
- Any damaged or faulty equipment should be reported to your coach or to email@example.com
- To use the gym, you must be an SLSC Active Member*, holding or training for your lifesaving award and be over 18 (16 if supervised by your coach) or a Life member.
Members from other SLSC’s can use the gym when they are proficient and financial with their own club. They must be accompanied by a Moana SLSC member.
*Bronze, SRC (over 18 years or 16 with a coach), ARTC, First Aid, radio.
”ACTIVE MEMBERS WHO HAVE PATROLLED AT LEAST 16 HOURS AT ANY CLUB AND ARE FINANCIAL AND PROFICIENT CAN USE THE GYM. LIFE MEMBERS ARE ALSO ENTITLED TO USE THE GYM, REGARDLESS OF HOURS PATROLLED. NEW OR RETURNING ACTIVE MEMBERS DO NOT NEED TO MEET THE PATROL HOURS COMMITMENT IN THEIR FIRST YEAR.”